Get Your Glow On!
What are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are cosmetic treatments that can be applied to the face, hands, neck, and anywhere on the body.
They’re used to improve the appearance or feel of the skin. During this procedure, chemical solutions are applied to the area being treated, which causes the Epidermis to exfoliate and eventually peel off. Once this happens, the new skin underneath is often smoother, appears less wrinkled, and may have less damage.
There are several reasons people may get chemical peels. They may be trying to treat a variety of things, including:
Before and After
Make an Appointment Today!
What are the Different types of chemical peels?
Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics Medical Spa offers six uniquely formulated VI Peel treatments designed to lift pigment, remove sun damage, alleviate acne and scarring, and fight fine lines and wrinkles. All of our painless medium-depth VI Peels are safe for all skin types and tones with results in as little as 7 days!
The ViPeel® is the first medical peel that combines major acids in a pain-free formulation. They’re a safe, effective approach to achieving younger-looking skin and safe for all skin types, including darker skin types, which can experience anti-aging and restorative skincare that was previously unavailable! One to three peels may be recommended. Patients should expect to leave the clinic with an orange cast on their face. Peeling starts on day three after treatment and lasts 3-4 days.
- Treats: sun damage, hyperpigmentation, melasma, acne & acne scarring, and aging
- Results: Younger-looking and glowing skin with fewer imperfections
- Downtime: No downtime and no pain during treatment
- Benefits: Safe for all skin types! See results in one to two weeks
Here is a breakdown of the five active ingredients in the Vi Peel, and how each one works together to transform the look, feel, and health of the skin.
- TCA: The addition of TCA allows the Vi Peel to penetrate below the skin’s surface to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and reduce the appearance of skin pigmentation, and superficial blemishes and active acne lesions. Trichloroacetic acid is also a natural analgesic, which acts to reduce pain and promote comfort throughout the Vi Peel application.
- Phenol: Also known as carbolic acid, this organic compound is regularly used in skin and hair products as a lightening agent. In the Vi Peel, this key ingredient helps reduce unwanted pigmentation and cleanse the skin of impurities.
- Salicylic acid: One of the most common and trusted topical acids in the skincare community, salicylic acid offers tremendous results for minimizing acne, exfoliating the skin, and evening overall skin tone. Due to its ability to remove dead skin cells and promote the growth of new, healthy skin, this rejuvenating acid can be used to reduce the appearance of many skin concerns, including fine lines and wrinkles, blemishes, pigmentation, and psoriasis.
- Retin-A: Commonly referred to as tretinoin, Retin-A is a form of vitamin A that is ideal for combatting acne and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This powerful antioxidant is also more effective and less irritating than other esters of vitamin A.
- Vitamin C: There may not be another ingredient so profoundly useful for improving skin health than vitamin C. This antioxidant ingredient has a wide range of applications and is regularly used to exfoliate the skin and promote youthful, vital-looking complexions.
ViPeel® PRECISION PLUS
Our most popular treatment, this medium-depth powerhouse peel works to suppress melanogenesis—the production of melanin—at the source while promoting rapid cell turnover for a brighter, more even skin tone. Resurfacing action reveals fresh, renewed skin for results in 7 days.
- Sun Damage
- UV-Induced Pigmentation
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH)
ViPeel® PURIFY with Precision Plus
This helps with pigmentation issues PLUS acne and/or acne scarring. Take on current breakouts and the scars and pigmentation they leave behind. Our superior purifying and smoothing acne treatment clears away dead skin cells and excess oil to speed breakout clearing and purify pores to prevent breakouts. By targeting melanogenesis at the source, this treatment helps minimize stubborn post-acne scars and uneven tone for a brighter, smoother surface.
- Excessive Oil
- Acne with Hyperpigmentation
- Acne Scarring
- Adult Acne
This multi-faceted treatment aids with the many triggers and symptoms of acne, from dead skin cells and excessive oiliness to clogged pores and all types of blemishes. Our peel sweeps away skin cells known to clog pores, clears out oil and debris trapped deep within the pores, eliminates p. acnes bacteria and balances skin for fewer breakouts and a smoother texture.
- Active Acne
- Break-out Prone Skin
- Oily and Congested Skin
- Teen Acne
- Aging Skin (Ages 40+)
- Fine Lines
- Loss of Elasticity
ViPeel® is a great first-time peel for all age groups and skin types seeking multiple benefits from their peel—including tighter-looking skin, smoother texture, and renewed radiance. ViPeel® Original is specifically formulated to rejuvenate, refresh, and reset for rapid, visible results safely and effectively.
- Sensitive Skin
- Early Signs of Aging (Ages 20+)
- Rough Texture
ToxBooster™ is a combined, same-day treatment that involves the safe, painless, custom VI Peel in conjunction with a Neurotoxin injectable treatment to enhance and extend beneficial results. Boost the results of your injection service, increase collagen production, reduce sun damage, and improve overall tone and texture – all in one visit.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Sun Damage & Pigmentation
- Uneven Tone & Texture
- Acne / Acne Scarring
The makers of the #1 Chemical Peel for the face want you to have your best body ever. First-of-its-kind, non-invasive, and pain-free. VI Peel Body treatments stimulate anti-aging collagen to increase cellular turnover. Help target troubled areas and reveal smoother, more radiant skin in just one treatment. Safe for all skin types, tones, and textures.
- Pigmentation and fine lines on the Décolleté
- Body Acne
- Scars from Acne, Surgeries, or Injuries
- Stretch Marks
- Sagging skin
- Results within the first week after healing
- In-office, non-surgical treatment
- Little downtime: Depending upon the level of chemical peel, there is often very little downtime and skin may look fresh and new within just a few days after the treatment
- There is a noticeable difference in skin texture and the feeling of the skin within just a couple of days
- A refreshing, “clean” and youthful glow is apparent within just a few days to a week after the treatment
Although the process varies a small amount depending upon the type of peel, your provider will always thoroughly cleanse the area of skin to be treated prior to applying the solution or solutions. Once your skin has dried, your provider will apply the solution to your skin and leave this on for a designated amount of time.
Your provider will check on you during this time as the deep exfoliation or “peeling” process is occurring to ensure you are comfortable. Once the peel is completed, your provider will carefully remove the excess or “peeled” skin. Although your skin will likely still be red due to the chemicals being so fresh, you will see an immediate regeneration of fresher, newer looking skin!
Chemical peels have many benefits. The treatment can improve skin texture and tone variations as well as reduce sun damage and scarring. A chemical peel is a less intense procedure and less expensive than some other medical aesthetic treatments. In years past, chemical peels could be extremely painful with burning and extreme itching, and took a long time for healing to occur.
However, with the approval of more advanced and more sensitive products created, such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs), there is typically less pain, burning, and redness and healing occurs much more quickly. These are commonly used for more surface-type chemical peels.
There are different types of chemical peels depending upon ingredients. Different skin conditions will respond differently to the specific ingredients being used for a peel.
An AHA chemical peel and lactic or glycolic acid peels tend to be gentler on the skin and may be a good treatment for someone with very sensitive skin that has minor skin concerns.
For concerns such as pigment or discoloration, wrinkles, or fairly superficial blemishes or scarring, a stronger peel is usually required for the best outcome.
Acne typically receives best results when salicylic acid has been used for the peel.
At Invigorate Advanced Aesthetics, we offer a variety of chemical peels, including ranging from AHA, BHA, TCA, and Phenol peels.
You will receive an after-care kit for post-healing.
There are different depths and levels of chemical peels. The deeper the peel, the faster results occur typically. However, a more superficial peel does offer the least amount of downtime, irritation, and redness than a deeper peel. Your provider will discuss your goals during the consultation first.
Patients receiving a more superficial peel, patients are typically able to apply sunscreen and makeup within a day or two after treatment. For more intensive peels, patients typically need to follow a skin care regimen for healing and wait about 5-7 days before applying makeup.
*Avoid chemical peels If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.*
Before you start treatment
Usually at least one week prior to your chemical peel
Your provider will discuss medications and skin care products and regimens you may need to stop prior to receiving the treatment.
Additionally, your provider may also recommend the use of specific skin care products, such as retinol products or other glycolic acid treatments prior to the chemical peel treatment to offer further enhancement and the best outcomes for the chemical peel.
Usually at least 3-4 weeks prior to your chemical peel
Avoid Sun exposure, Extreme Heat or Cold and Tanning Beds
- The results of a chemical peel are usually noticeable within 5-7 days after treatment.
- The positive effects of a chemical peel are most noticeable after the first month or so after treatment.
- If you had a more superficial type of peel, with Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) or glycolic, the downtime is quite minimal and you should be able to apply sunscreen and makeup within one to two days of treatment.
- For more intensive peels, patients typically need to follow a skin care regimen for healing and wait about 5-7 days before applying makeup.
For first night after treatment
- Try to prop yourself up in bed to aid you in not lying on your side.
- Do not massage or rub the treated areas.
- You can take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain.
- Your provider will discuss any skin products or gels that should or should not be used for the first few days after treatment prior to and after the treatment.
5-7 Days After Procedure
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for the first week after treatment.
- Immediately after treatment we ask that you avoid lying flat for 3-4 hours.
- Avoid extreme Heat or Cold and Tanning Beds.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Use “ “- I don’t know the answer to this; what topical ointment is used after a chemical peel- Arnica gel??? Or something very specific/ certain brand of something you sell that is required, etc?
After first week post-treatment:
- If patients find their skin itching after the first week of use of “Arnica gel???”, we recommend using Benadryl anti-itch gel in the evening.
- Make sure you are using an SPF of 30 or higher during the day under makeup and when going outside. For very light-skinned patients, we recommend using an SPF of at least 50 or higher.
- Patients may also wish to take Benadryl allergy tablets at night to ease itching; however, if you are taking other medications, make sure to consult with your doctor first prior to taking Benadryl medication orally.